Instant Kesar Milk Pedha

 I have been away from my country for pretty long time and there are times when I crave for smallest of the things that were always readily available but had no importance back then in my life. Pedha is one such thing which was always available readily and never the thought of not able to enjoy it as per my desire never crossed my mind. I guess we take smallest pleasures in our life for granted and value it when we are no longer able to attain them as per our convenience. 

That's when I decided that I need to take these things in my hand and figure out a way to prepare Pedha's at home. The recipes mostly I found were made out of  Khoya (Mawa) and this particular ingredient is available here but not easily available nearby. Hence I thought of making Pedha using Milk Powder which would provide the thick texture that the Pedha requires. Hope you all like it.

Let's have a look at the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 cup Whole Milk

2 cups Milk Powder

1 tsp Cardamom Powder

Saffron (Just a Pinch)

2 cups Sugar (Sugar in USA is not as sweet that in India. Hence if using Indian sugar then use just 1 Cup)

1 tbsp Ghee

Method: 

In a non stick pan add milk and on low flame let it come to a boil.

Turn off the flame and milk powder. Mix it with the help of a whisk. Make sure you get rid of the lumps.

Turn on the flame and keep it on Low flame. Continue stirring.

Add cardamom powder and saffron and continue mixing on low flame.

Add ghee to the pan and continue mixing.

The consistency of the mixture will keep getting thicker and until then continue mixing.

Once the mixture is thick enough add sugar and continue mixing. The sugar will start melting and it mixture will start becoming little thin in texture,

Continue mixing the ingredients until they get thicker.

Turn off the flame and remove the mixture in a bowl.

Let the mixture cool down.

Applying ghee on your palms, start rolling small portions of the mixture into small balls.

If you happen to have any dry fruit then apply it on the top of the pedha as Garnish. I used sliced almonds to garnish the pedhas.



Comments

Popular Posts